I really love Angel, it can be quite an overlooked area as the main streets are full of chains and to be honest, at a glance it's not the most charming of areas. When you dig a little deeper though, you'll realise just how magical this part of Islington can be. I love to spend an afternoon wandering around the pretty back streets and exploring the small green spaces.
My top tips for a day in Angel
1. Start your day with a coffee at Kipferl, an amazing little Viennese cafe and restaurant that specialises in authentic Austrian food. The interior is really cool and modern and the cakes are incredible!
2. After your coffee take a stroll down Camden Passage where there are lots of little independent shops and a vintage market on most days of the week, I love the winding passageways!
3. Smug is my favourite shop in Angel, plus its right in the centre of Camden Passage. It's full of beautiful homeware, artwork and stationery. A great place for gifts.
4. Why not take a stroll along the Regent's Canal? It runs straight through Angel and also connects onto some beautiful gardens like Duncan Terrace Gardens.
5. After a wander down Upper Street pop into Bellanger for dinner, they serve classic French dishes and the interior is absolutely stunning. You'll feel as though you've gone back in time!
6. There are many great places in the area for an after dinner drink but my favourite is
69 Colebrooke Row aka "the bar with no name". It's a tiny speakeasy-style bar with experimental cocktails.
7. If you fancy catching a late night film you can head to the Screen on the Green, a lovely independent cinema.
We hope you enjoyed this little insight into Nancy's absolute favourite spots in Angel. Please do take a look at the book here and let us know what you think!